Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cloud Study


Okay! After a crazy week, I'm back in the saddle again. The kids are out of school--and it takes time for all of us to adjust. Sleeping in = good. Trying to paint = not so good. I'm still shooting for a painting a day, so we'll see how it goes. This picture was painted from a photo by my friend Melissa on her recent camping trip. They were such good cloud photos, I had to ask her to use them! I'm trying to get more depth and perspective. That feeling they are coming at you, not just sitting in the sky.

oil on canvas panel
5 x 7
lightly varnished
signed

*sold*

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I think I see an eagle in the middle cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for good clouds. With the summery weather the cool clouds seem to be gone. Glad I got some photos and I love your interpretation.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete