Monday, December 10, 2012

The One Where I Blabber..

*sold

Oh my, has it really been that long? I've been painting, but somehow I got sidetracked to posting only to Facebook. Yeah. I got lazy. But now that I have my holiday show behind me (it was fantastic) I can devote some time to this 'ol blog and take a deep breath. The end of 2012 has me feeling a bit introspective. Bear with me.

Last year at this time I had set some (rather lofty) goals for myself and I've been thinking about the ones I met and the ones that are still waiting in the distance. I got gallery representation (if only in the gift shop--that counts, right?) and successfully kept painting almost daily. I didn't stop, slow or resist the growth that came with painting frequently. Yes, my paintings changed but I was able to let it come and not fight it. I don't want to paint the same way forever--how boring would that be? So these boxes got checked off my list.

A few remain. Getting a studio space outside the home. And I don't mean a shed in the back yard. It's tempting to stay here and paint in my pj's but it's much healthier to get out, interact and have a space of my own. Plus the opportunities for showing and meeting with clients--it would be much more professional. I'm still working on this. It's coming.

I wanted to invest in materials and work larger, but because of the reason above I didn't fulfill this as much as I'd like. Painting small is such immediate gratification. It doesn't always translate easy to larger pieces. They get over-worked, messed with and lose a certain degree of spontaneity. I need to work on several at once, to go back and forth and not get lost in the details. This, too, will come.

Before the holidays swallow me whole, I just wanted to thank you for your support. To everyone who read my posts, "liked" my stuff or came out to see me--you have NO idea how much it means to me. Because of you, I have a place, a purpose and a reason to pick up a brush.

*sold


1 comment:

  1. I love your art and what fun to read about your goals and dreams. You are an inspiration to me. I am an aspiring want-a-be-artist and your art is my style!

    ReplyDelete